[BRLTTY] orca vs text console Braille focus

Stéphane Doyon s.doyon at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 11 17:17:27 EST 2022

When I switch away from X with orca back to a text console, my display keeps
showing the Braille text from orca.
Some of the key bindings like line up/down work as normal and the speech driver
says the text from the text console, but the Braille doesn't update.
Some bindings like HOME do not work, and sometimes cause orca to say something
(though not always and I forget what exactly).
If I kill orca, immediately the Braille updates to text from the text console.

I'm getting this right after an upgrade of Ubuntu LTS from 18.04 to 22.04. Tried
building brltty and orca from head.

What's going on? Any hints appreciated as to how to debug this.
Thanks