[BRLTTY] ALVA 480 still doesn't work

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Dec 23 10:39:06 EST 2022

[quoted lines by Pawel Loba on 2022/12/23 at 08:16 -0500]

>From the program perspective BRLTTY must be active since NVDA doesn't report
>any errors while used with BRLTTY, however, BRLTTY doesn't show anything on
>my ALVA 480 unit. The Braille output is shown on my display only while I am
>running debug-brltty and/or run-brltty utilities.

This sounds like there may be two brltty processes runnng. Since the default is to only check for USB and Bluetooth devices, perhaps the one that nvda is using isn't detecting the Alva.

How well is the Alva showing screencontent when you use run-brltty?

--
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |