[BRLTTY] FOcus 80, should it work

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Wed Nov 9 02:09:50 EST 2022

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <jpmengual at debian.org> writes:

> I am trying a FOcus 80 (freedom scientific) I have just fixed.

What exactly do you mean by "I have just fixed".  Was the device broken
and you did send it in for repair?  Or did you do a repair on your own,
or perhaps a friend of yours?  If the device was repaired, do you have
confirmation that the repair actually worked, i.e., did you try the
device with another screen reader?

Your story below sounds like the device has hardware problems, like
sticky keys or perhaps a broken cable?  We recently "repaired" an old
Vario 40 by replacing the serial cable, which had symptoms somewhat
similar to what you describe.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕