[BRLTTY] Focus Blue 40 5th Gen experiences

Aura Kelloniemi kaura.dev at sange.fi
Wed Nov 23 23:32:31 EST 2022

Dear list,

and sorry for the delay of my response, if somebody has been still waiting for
it. I forgot.

On 2022-10-22 at 14:48 -0400, "S. Massy" <smassy at wolfdream.ca> wrote:
 > On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 08:59:11PM +0300, Aura Kelloniemi wrote:
 > > I have been able to avoid ghost dots for several years already by placing a
 > > piece of micro-fiber cloth on the braille line, and by reading the display
 > > through the protective cloth. This very well avoids dust, grease and dead skin
 > > cells from getting inside the braille cells.
 > An absolutely fascinating idea that would never have occured to me.
 > Where do you get a sufficiently thin piece of microfiber cloth that it
 > will not impede your reading speed and how to your prevent it from
 > moving around as yor fingers glide on the display?

I am a flautist and use the same type of microfiber cloth to cover the display
as I use to clean the flute. It is very thin.

At first I just wrapped the display in the cloth (buttons included, no
problem). But a while back a sewer made a micro-fiber case for my display. It
is like a pouch of the size of the display with both ends open. It has a
sticker that is as wide as the display, so that the case can be made to fit
more tightly or loosely. Now the cloth stays very well where it should be and
no more becomes wrinkled even if I read very quickly.

--
Aura