[BRLTTY] Canute braille display

Tage Johansson tage.j.lists at posteo.net
Tue Nov 29 03:14:05 EST 2022

Hi everyone,

As to my understanding, the only screen reader supporting the 9 lines
Canute braille display <https://bristolbraille.org> is BRLTTY. So, does
anyone on this list has experience with the Canute? And can you please
share some experience of using the Canute with BRLTTY?

One consern I've heard about is that rendering of braille is slow on the
Canute. But how slow is it really? And have you experienced this as an
issue?

What other good or bad things can you say about using the Canute? I
wonder if I should buy one myself but I think it would be good to hear
about someone else's experience first.

Best regards,

Tage