[BRLTTY] Brailliant BI 40X, seeking general thoughts

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Tue Oct 18 18:18:36 EDT 2022

[quoted lines by S. Massy on 2022/10/18 at 08:18 -0400]

>What is the support status for the Brailliant BI 40X,

You need to be using at least brltty 6.5 for it to work best. It works via USB on all platforms. It can only be used via Bluetooth on Linux.

>does it use the same protocol as the previous model?

Yes, but no. I'm assuming that you mean the BI 40 (no X suffix) when you say "previous model". The significant difference is that, for Bluetooth, it uses HID rather than serial.

--
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |