[BRLTTY] testing display

Chevelle cstrobel at crosslink.net
Tue Apr 18 09:33:20 EDT 2023

You need to know what 'com' port the Alva is connected to, and that can
change depending on what USB port your USB adapter is plugged into.

You can tap the windows key and type 'device manager' then open the
device manager and find the 'Com And LPT ports'.  This can show you what
you have.

     For serial connections, you can use the mode command to check if
the 'com' port is alive.

Open a command prompt with Windows-r or however you wish, then:

mode com4:9600

If it says com4 is an illegal device name, then you know that port isn't
working.

After you know the port is working, try installing BRLTTY.