[BRLTTY] Focus Keyboard not working

Elias Oltmanns eo at nebensachen.de
Thu Aug 3 06:05:15 EDT 2023

Hi Samuel,

On 2023-08-02 at 22:30:21 (+0200), Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> Samuel Thibault, le jeu. 20 juil. 2023 19:28:37 +0200, a ecrit:
>> Samuel Thibault, le dim. 16 juil. 2023 23:33:02 +0200, a ecrit:

>> > It is not commited yet, but it was acked by two maintainers, so there's
>> > good hopes that it will be commited for 6.5, and backported to the
>> > affected stable kernels.
>>
>> It entered greg kh's tty-linus tree, in time for 6.5-rc3 or 6.5-rc4.
>
> It got into 6.5-rc4 indeed.

Thank you very much, indeed, for taking care of this. I really
appreciate that you saw this problem coming early on and have worked on
a solution so persistently and successfully!

Just out of curiosity: Would it not make sense for the kernel to clear
the input buffer whenever it switches to a context with increased
privileges? If I understand correctly, the sudo exploit would not work
in such a scenario. Since I am not well acquainted with the relevant
kernel subsystems, I may well miss potential side effects that would be
undesirable. So, would do you think about that approach?

Thanks again and best wishes,

Elias