[BRLTTY] Fix for the brlapi crash under Cython 3.0

Peter Vágner pvagner at pvagner.sk
Tue Aug 15 13:11:11 EDT 2023

Hello,

Dňa 15. 8. 2023 o 16:52 Samuel Thibault napísal(a):
> Dave Mielke, le mar. 15 août 2023 10:41:28 -0400, a ecrit:
>> [quoted lines by Lukáš Tyrychtr on 2023/08/15 at 14:46 +0200]
>>> I've successfully tracked the reason for the brlapi crash under Cython 3.0,
>> Excellent!
>>
>> All: How urgently should a new brltty release show up?
> I don't know if there are users of the python bindings beyond orca
> (which now has a workaround) and fenrir. I guess the fenrir people would
> be happy to avoid having to introduce a workaround like orca did.
Orca has a workaround so it won't crash but braille stays broken with it.
I think 6.6.1 including just this minor change would be more appropriate
to do so the daily users won't even notice such an issue might have
existed for a little while.

That's just my thinking I have no braille device so take it with
appropriate measures please.

Greetings

Peter