[BRLTTY] The brltty service gets in the way of other serial port applications

Jason J.G. White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Dec 15 14:48:23 EST 2023

On 15/12/23 13:53, John wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Thank you for your reply, which I found both enlightening and
> informative. This will also help me explain to others.

In addition, you are more likely to encounter this issue if you have an
old version of BRLTTY installed. As I recall, the developers tightened
the udev rules at some point.

For reference, version 6.6 is current. If you have a significantly older
version, it's a matter for your Linux distribution's package maintainers.