[BRLTTY] [slint] Re: Dosemu

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun Feb 26 03:16:19 EST 2023

Hi Michel,

as stated in this email:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2013-May/msg00215.html

You can start dosemu like this:
dosemu -dumb

Or, edit /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf
replacing:
# $_video = "vga"
by:
$_video = "none"

this works because as indicated few lines above in this file:
# Video adapter style used: one of: vga, ega, mda, mga, cga, none
# Default: "vga"; none=dumb terminal mode.

This works both in console (or text) mode and in a graphical environment like MATE.

Caveat: dosemu ca't be killed the usual way (Ctrl+C, or in Mate: F4)
You an kill it on the command line:
killall dosemu
or closing the window in MATE (for instance Ctrl+Shift+q for mate-terminal)

PS As I do not have a Braille device (and can't read Braille anyway) I have
tested starting brltty like this:
brltty -b tt -d /dev/tty3
and checking the output in tty3.

Cheers,