[BRLTTY] Strategies for copy/paste

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Wed Jan 25 07:33:45 EST 2023

Hello,

Samuel Thibault (2023/01/23 11:38 +0100):
> Hello,
>
> Sébastien Hinderer, le sam. 21 janv. 2023 19:15:38 +0100, a ecrit:
> > Dr. Volker Jaenisch (2023/01/21 18:25 +0100):
> > >    This may be due to tmux but the real terminal is 700km away and I
> > >    cannot look upon it.
> >
> > Thinking about it twice it seems likely, yes.
>
> Yes, tmux won't know at all about brltty's selection, so it cannot
> transmit the information to the other client.
>
> Another way to perform copy/paste would be to use tmux' support, which
> show up on all connect clients. But that won't teach your brother the
> brltty way.
>
> Ideally brltty would be able to tell tmux where the selection is, that'd
> have to be discussed with tmux people. Possibly brltty could run a tmux
> command to tell it the selection, and tmux could be made to highlight
> the selection.

Could it be that there is a little misunderstanding, here?

The original discussion was indeed about the text selected to be
copy/pasted into brltty's clipboard, but then we moved to the
highlighting by brltty of the position of the braille window. That's
where I wanted to ask your opinion, Samuel.

Seb.