[BRLTTY] brlapi problems with the Canute

Stefan Moisei vortex37 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:42:39 EST 2023

Hello,
Just subscribed to this mailing list. I am Stefan, a blind programmer
for Romania.
I am trying to use brlapi with a canute. I am mentioning the display
since this might be part of the issue.
1. I made it work in brltty, it works in the windows console.
2. I tried the brlapi from NVDA  (I think it is 0.8) after net start
brlapi and got this:

brlapi.OperationError: <unprintable OperationError object>
for get display size, get driver name, write text etc..
3. I tried a standalone brlapi included in the brltty kit, but it
refuses to install, claming I don't have 32 bit python, even though I
tried 3.8 and 3.11. WWhat version should I use?
4.  I also thought of using the java bindings, since I saw in the source
that they exist, but could not find binaries.
Thanks