[BRLTTY] Making easier to accumulate filenames in theclipboard

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Jul 10 17:04:45 EDT 2023

On Sun, 9 Jul 2023, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:

> I still think it could be handy to be able to choose filenames from
> within a list, the output of ls, say, as as a sighted user can select
> files and folders in a folderview to then perform an operation on them.

Same idea: I often do "ls -1 <whatever>", do a rectangular copy on some
or all of them, then "xargs <command>" followed by the paste function.

This being said, I just tested appending to the clipboard with a
rectangular copy and the result is not what one would expect. The first
line of the rectangular block is simply merged on the same line with the
existing clipboard content. When concatenating one or multiple lines
from a rectangular copy, it makes more sense for all those lines to
stand on their own. That's what I implemented here:

https://github.com/brltty/brltty/pull/422

This way, you can e.g. append several file names in the clipboard using
the rectangular copy multiple times, and when pasted whey'll all be
presented on a separate line which makes it ideal with xargs. I think
this should be quite close to what you want.

Nicolas