[BRLTTY] Focus Keyboard not working

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jul 13 11:42:38 EDT 2023

[quoted lines by Life in Six Dots on 2023/07/13 at 15:34 +0100]

>I have done a clean install of Ubuntu 23.04. I have the Focus and the
>Brailliant connected via USB but I still don't have any input from either of
>the Perkins Keyboards.

Do chords (i.e. Space + some dot key combination) work?

>Can someone point me to keyboard shortcuts for a QWERTY keyboard so I can
>navigate without a braille keyboard? I cannot seem to find this document. It
>would make working much easier.

What do you mean by navigate via the braille keyboard?

>Meanwhile, I'm hoping the bug will be resolved with a future update.

Whatever the ause of your problem is, it's not a bug.

I, too, am suspecting that it's the TIOCSTI issue. Did you maybe issue the sysctl command and then reboot to get brltty restarted? What was the sysctl command that you executed, and then what was its output?

--
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |