[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in the terminal under Wayland sessions

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Jun 5 10:05:26 EDT 2023

At the moment, the BRLTTY At-spi support doesn't function in Wayland
sessions - it works under X11 sessions only.

X11 is on the way out, and the transition to Wayland is well underway,
especially in up to date distributions.

What are or will be our options for getting the full BRLTTY terminal
support under Wayland?

I'm currently running GNOME 44.2 in a Wayland session with Orca, which
provides some terminal access, but it isn't as good as that of BRLTTY
itself.

So the question is, where is this heading on the BRLTTY side?

I'm available to test whenever there's something to evaluate.