[BRLTTY] some trouble with handy tech braillestar 80 and the connected keyboard with brltty 6.5

Halim Sahin halim.sahin at freenet.de
Mon Jun 12 15:53:41 EDT 2023

Hi list,
I've connected an usb keyboard with a ps/2 converter to my braillestar
80.

This way I can use the display with two different machines.

It works for me most of the time with following issues:

1. some times brltty doesn't reliable get key releases.
In that case typing isn't possible when EG. the left alt or right alt
hangs etc.
In other cases the last pressed key was repeated until pressing a key
again.

2. selecting the some keytable in brltty.conf doesn't work here.
I've tested EG the desktop keytable.

Whn using the learn mode of brltty I get always same output when
pressing down different                   keys.
PASSAT: AT (set 2) keyboard-scancode [\XF0]

3. some times the Keyboard hangs completely and I have to switch to
external / internal mode in braillestar 80 to get the keyboard working
again.

BTW.: The usb keyboard works reliable when connnecting it directly with the
machine.

If you can give some advice please do :-).
BR.
Halim