[BRLTTY] Brltty support on OpenBSD

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Jun 25 22:40:12 EDT 2023

[quoted lines by Crystal Kolipe on 2023/06/25 at 21:17 -0300]

>Please feel free to add these changes manually - as I mentioned at the end of my previous mail, I don't expect to be doing a lot of further work on this myself but wanted to pass the information on as it provides a starting point for non-developers to test the current brltty on OpenBSD.

No problem. Done. I've verified that the latest development code builds on an OpenBSD system.

>It's certainly possible to patch OpenBSD to implement a screen readout device that would potentially allow brltty to access the console independently of any particular login session, just like it does on Linux systems.

For the screen driver, we need to know the cursor's coordinates (column, row), the screen's dimensions (columns, rows), and the characters' Unicode values. Two nice extras would be colour information for each character and a way to inject input.

--
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |