[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 braille keyboard no worky

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Wed Oct 11 12:17:34 EDT 2023

Hi Folks: I have an Alva braille display with a braille keyboard
attached to the back or top of the display which doesn't seem to work
or work very well anyway. The enter button on it seems to work and the
space-bar works in some situations but I can't use it for
communicating with my computer. I believe it used to work fine and
then it seemed to do a lot of autorepeats whenever I'd push a key but
I get nothing from it of any use these days. I think it could be a
hardware problem but I don't know why it should be because I haven't
used it a lot over the years.

I wondered if anyone else has seen this behaviour with this model or
if someone could tell me how to troubleshoot to figure out if it is in
fact a hardware problem or software problem.

   Kirk