[BRLTTY] Can't get brltty to build, was Re: Support multiple Python versions on Windows

Leonard de Ruijter alderuijter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:52:34 EDT 2023

On 16-10-2023 19:19, Dave Mielke wrote:
> [quoted lines by Leonard de Ruijter on 2023/10/16 at 18:46 +0200]
>
>> I have a working build environment now it seems,
> How did you resolve the missing -lucrt issue?

I cheered too early. The UCRT issue is still there.

>> so I should be able to build bindings for Python 3.11 and then NVDA is good to go.
> Can you think of any reason that I shouldn't upgrade my own Windows build to use Python 3.11?

No, I can't. So if you could consider that and give it a try, that would
be wonderful.

Actually, the makefile might fail with running setup.py. You will have
to change bdist_wininst into bdist_egg. The newer versions of python no
longer support creating a windows installer.

Alternatively, you will need to install the wheel package with pip and
then use bdist_wheel.I actually think that would be the proper way to
go, as wheel is now the start of the art format to install prebuidl
Python packages.

Cheers,

Leonard