[BRLTTY] Can't get brltty to build, was Re: Support multiple Python versions on Windows

Leonard de Ruijter alderuijter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 03:11:54 EDT 2023

On 17-10-2023 21:00, Dave Mielke wrote:
> If you ever figure out the bdist_wheel stuff, please let me know. I
> think this'll eventually become rather important since building on
> recent Linux is now warning me that using setup.py is deprecated.

Even when I use bdist_wheel, I'm getting the deprecation warning, but
the blog post the deprecation warning links to still says bdist_wheel is
valid.

Wheel whould be a necessary package though. however, it looks like
setup.py is only used on Windows, is that correctly? I am very unknown
to and uncomfortable with Makefiles.

If you give me some direction as of what build tools you're using with
Python 3.8, I can mimic your build environment and then provide pull
requests on how to bring this forward.