[BRLTTY] Can't get brltty to build, was Re: Support multiple Python versions on Windows

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Sun Oct 22 13:16:18 EDT 2023

[quoted lines by Samuel Thibault on 2023/10/22 at 17:43 +0200]

>Ok, I guess we need to see the support in cython3 to settle down before
>enabling it again.

Yes, I think this stuff is still too new. We're okay, now, though. Thanks to Leonard's help in swithing from wininst to wheel, I'm now able to (and will be) building brltty on Windows with Python 3.11.

There's a pending issue, though, but we're still okay for Python 3.11:

   setup.py install is deprecated.
   Please avoid running ``setup.py`` directly.
   Instead, use pypa/build, pypa/installer or other
   standards-based tools.
   See https://blog.ganssle.io/articles/2021/10/setup-py-deprecated.html for details.

--
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |