[BRLTTY] Slightly OT: Braille support on MacOS

Julian Dreykorn dreykorn.julian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 08:25:40 EDT 2023

Hi all,

sorry for the slightly off-topic quiestion, but I believe that here may
be some Braille-familiar users knowing a bit more about MacOS than I.

Currently, I use Windows primarily, and whenever I have the option to
work in the CLI I use Linux. Speech is nice to have, but I rely
primarily on Braille, and in the CLI I'm completely without speech. Now
since I most likely need a new laptop, I thought of getting a Macbook,
since I'm impressed of the very good quality of the speakers, the power
of the M2, and if I want to use the Logic DAW then I actually don't have
another choice. But how is the Brialle support? Everyone I asked just
told me that it's possible to connect a Braille display, but they work
primarily with speech. Learning new shortcuts and apps would be fully OK
for me, getting speech-dependent wouldn't. So, do you guys have any
experiences to share?

I'd be happy hearing from you.

All the best, Julian