[BRLTTY] Hims qbraillexl display problem

Michael Keithley mlkeithley at comcast.net
Tue Apr 9 22:21:49 EDT 2024

Hello list,

I use the Hims QbrailleXL display with brltty 6.6 in the console.

My question is in regard to the help menu where keyboard commands are listed.

In this menu, many commands include words like "backward" and "forward." For example, to go to the top of a screen is:
backward+uparrow

I don't know what "backward" and "forward" mean.

The QbrailleXL is the successor to the Braille Edge display, and there may be a "forward" or "backward" something on that display.

I looked through the Contributors page but I couldn't find the person who built the QbrailleXL driver.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.