[BRLTTY] repairing is necessary

Mario Lang mlang at blind.guru
Thu Jan 18 03:38:12 EST 2024

Lars Bjørndal <lars at lamasti.net> writes:

> I've a Raspberry Pi 3B+ connected to a Handy Tech Active Braille braille
> display. I use it with BRLTTY only, no graphical UI. After switching
> from Raspberry pi OS Bullseye 32-bit to bookworm
> 64-bit, I experience from time to time that I have to use bluetoothctl's
> remove device command, followed by scan, pair and trust to
> reactivate the connections with the display. Is there something I can do
> to prevent this from happening so that I have a more stable solution?

All I can say is that my experience with the Active Star bluetooth
firmware was not very good.  Since the products are somewhat similar
(Active Braille came first, then Active Star) I am suspecting you might
see a firmware problem of the braille device.
In general, BRLTTY makes use of the Linux bluetooth stack.
Things like pairing are more or less out of our control.

Personally, while I've had some pleasant experiences with Bluetooth, all
my devices are wired these days.  It is just that tad bit more stable,
and fewer things to care about/maintain.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕