[BRLTTY] BRLTTY in Unified kernel Images

Jason J.G. White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Jan 26 08:29:57 EST 2024

Dear BRLTTY community,

I recently switched to using a Unified Kernel Image to boot my laptop.
I'm using Dracut to generate the image, following guidance on the Arch
Linux wiki. During image generation, errors are reported regarding
BRLTTY-related devices not being found.

I can capture the error messages if this is not a known issue.

After the system boots to a graphical login manager, BRLTTY is running
but it reports "no key bindings" on the display. The work-around is to
restart BRLTTY by shutting down the braille display and then re-enablig it.

Has anyone been here before, and is there a known solution?

The unified kenrel image is executed directly by the UEFI firmware, so
there is no boot loader anymore.