[BRLTTY] I can not run Tieman Braille Voyager with Brltty on Windows 10

Peter Vágner pvagner at pvagner.tk
Thu Dec 8 17:36:09 EST 2022

Hello,
There are issues with the current version of brltty for windows and I am
running into these as well.

My steps:
* Fresh install of windows 10.
* Download |brltty-win-6.5-0-libusb-1.0.exe|
<https://brltty.app/archive/brltty-win-6.5-0-libusb-1.0.exe>
* Start the setup: windows asks for elevated privileges, i have to press
next several times, after copying files brltty configurator window
appears, I choose Driver: auto and port: USB, then later opt to install
libusb driver.
* At the end of the setup process setup configures BrlApi service but
its startup is failing.
* After finishing the setup I can notice all the files are installed
into C:\Program Files (X86)\brltty.
* I start command prompt as administrator, navigate to that folder where
brltty got installed and am trying to run file run-brltty.bat.
* I receive an error like this
brltty.exe: cannot open file: //etc/brltty.conf: No such file or directory
* Okay, perhaps there's a way around it so I then run .\bin\brltty
--help and also inspect the bat file which I can modify by adding -f
"C:\Program Files (X86)\brltty\etc\brltty.conf" inside so the brltty can
find the config file.
* In order to try to reinstall the BrlApi service I am applying the same
tweak to the enable-brlapi.bat file.
* Then running disable-brlapi.bat and again enable-brlapi.bat.
* There are no more errors related to file not found.
* However while trying to start the service I am always receiving error
like this no matter how much I am trying.
Error 1067: 'The process terminated unexpectedly'
* Then I have opened services applet, navigated to BrlApi service and
added the following to the arguments entry fields in the service
properties window:
-f "C:\Program Files (X86)\brltty\etc\brltty.conf" -L "C:\Program Files
(X86)\brltty\svc.log"
So it can find its config file and also it can output what's going on
into the log.
The log is brief but hopefully gives enough pointers on what needs
changing. I think it needs a source code change.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 5. 12. 2022 o 19:02 Martin Beran napísal(a):