[BRLTTY] Connection to b':0' failed. Is BRLTTY really running?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Nov 10 09:56:23 EST 2022

Finn Pedersen, le jeu. 10 nov. 2022 14:50:02 +0100, a ecrit:
> When no device is connected I get this
>
> File Descriptor: 5
> Server Host: b':0'
> Authorization Schemes: b'none'
> Driver Name: b'NoBraille'
>
> When the Focus Blue 40 (4th gen) is connected I get this
>
> File Descriptor: 3
> Server Host: b':0'
> Authorization Schemes: b'none'
> Driver Name: b'FreedomScientific'
> Model Identifier: b'focus40'
> Display Width: 40
> Display Height: 1

Since it does work when a display is connected, I believe there's
nothing to look for on the BrlAPI side, and it's rather that brltty does
not detect the display, and thus shuts the brlapi socket down. The root
cause is then that brltty doesn't detect the display, so details on this
and brltty logs etc. are needed to determine why that is.

Samuel