[BRLTTY] Brltty on windows

Tage Johansson tage.j.lists at posteo.net
Thu Nov 17 03:03:19 EST 2022

Hello,

I am starting with my question:

Have anyone any experience of using brltty on windows? Perhaps together
with NVDA. And how did you get it to work?

I'm trying to run BRLTTY on Windows 11.

I have installed brltty with libusb 1.0 from the normal installer.

When I try to run enable-brltty.bat I (as some previous poster on this
list) get the following error:

```

brltty.exe: cannot open file: //etc/brltty.conf: No such file or directory
BRLTTY 6.5 rev BRLTTY-6.5+ [https://brltty.app/]
brltty.exe: service already installed: BrlAPI
The Braille API (BrlAPI) service is starting..
The Braille API (BrlAPI) service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.
System error 1067 has occurred.
The process terminated unexpectedly.
```

I don't know what this means. Maybe this is something related to Windows
11. But I tried to run brltty manually with the run-brltty.bat script:

```

$ .\run-brltty.bat

Running BRLTTY. When done, close this window (for example, by using the
Alt-Space menu). The log file is: C:\Program Files (x86)\BRLTTY\brltty.log
brltty.exe: cannot open file: //etc/brltty.conf: No such file or directory
BRLTTY 6.5 rev BRLTTY-6.5+ [https://brltty.app/]
```

But BRLTTY terminates immediately after that message. And my braille
display does not seem to be recognized.

Best regards,

Tage