[BRLTTY] Brltty on windows

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sun Nov 20 06:26:15 EST 2022

Dear Sage,

Many thanks for your message. Sorry I won't be able to help, I jsut
wanted to report that I also tried to use BRLTTY on Windows with NVDA
and failed to do so although I spent uqite some time trying to make it
work.

The problem I had was that I was unable to make BRLTTY recognize my
braille display. The problem, as I understand it, is that BRLTTY was not
able to register itself as a USB driver.

I even tried to get in touch with Microsoft on this but that failed,
too.

I think it would really be nice if we could get this to work because it
would make Windows a bit less alien for us Linux users, at least we
would be able to use it through our favourite screen review program.

I have no idea what could unblock the situation at this stage, though.

Sébastien.

Tage Johansson (2022/11/17 08:03 +0000):