[BRLTTY] Workaround for wrong Orca session detection

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Oct 9 15:16:16 EDT 2022

Hello,

Please keep the list in Cc, so the discussion can be archived and useful
for everybody.

Julian, le sam. 08 oct. 2022 19:32:17 +0200, a ecrit:
> Well no, I didn't install the OS myself. The VM pool is on a server, and I'm
> connecting to it using my laptop and a dedicated VMware client

Ah, ok, so it's indeed a very special situation.

I'm however wondering: how do you get Braille output? Are you passing
through a Braille device?

> Anyway, I found a workaround that makes the connection work: First I have to
> stop the brltty-udev service that was automatically spawned, and then launch
> brltty manually with the switch -x auto.

It would be useful to see the brltty logs, to see why the brltty-udev
service doesn't manage to accept BrlAPI connections, while the manual
start does.

Samuel