[BRLTTY] Workaround for wrong Orca session detection

Julian dreykorn.julian at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 13:32:17 EDT 2022

Hello Samuel,

thank you for your quick reply.

Well no, I didn't install the OS myself. The VM pool is on a server, and
I'm connecting to it using my laptop and a dedicated VMware client - but
I have access to the deployment scripts of the VM and they don't set
something special regarding BRLTTY or X-Sessions.

As for starting, I'm not pretty sure how this is done since our VMware
solution handles the login automatically, but I believe it is GDM3.

Anyway, I found a workaround that makes the connection work: First I
have to stop the brltty-udev service that was automatically spawned, and
then launch brltty manually with the switch -x auto. Not all navigation
keys work, but at least I could read most of the output.

Sorry that I can't send you the Orca logs right now, but currently I
don't have access to my business laptop.

Best regards, Julian