[BRLTTY] [OT] GUI applications not working when on text console

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Apr 11 10:39:29 EDT 2023

On 10/4/23 18:22, S. Massy wrote:
> Following that train of thought... What window manager(s) are you people
> using besides marco? I assume it has to use GTK to be accessible via
> Orca.

I'm using GNOME 43.4 with its default window manager - to the best of my
knowledge, that's Mutter these days. However, I need to run it under X
in order to get the BRLTTY terminal support via the BRLTTY AT-SPI driver.

I expect there are Wayland bugs preventing terminal access from being
supported under Wayland sessions. I hope these will be resolved, as the
capability is useful, and Linux is definitely moving to Wayland.