[BRLTTY] [OT] Desktop Environment

S. Massy smassy at wolfdream.ca
Wed Jan 4 11:41:52 EST 2023

Hello,
For the past 6 years or so I have been using MATE (Ubuntu-mate) as my
desktop environment. Primarily, I do everything on the console but use
the GUI to access Firefox/Chrome. MATE was prefered circa 2016 because
of issues with accessibility in GNOME 3. Anyway, since upgrading from
Ubuntu 20.04 to 22.04 MATE seems more buggy. As I'm setting up a new
computer, I figure now is the time to look into alternative desktop
environments. What have you people been using and how has it been
working for you?
Cheers,
S.M.
--