[BRLTTY] [OT] Desktop Environment

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Jan 4 17:35:39 EST 2023

On 5/1/23 03:41, S. Massy wrote:
> I figure now is the time to look into alternative desktop
> environments. What have you people been using and how has it been
> working for you?

I'm currently using GNOME 43.1, which is working well enough to run the
applications I need.

Its accessibility is being worked on.

A decision was also made by KDE last year to prioritize accessibility,
but, as far as I know, we won't gain the benefits for a while.

For use with BRLTTY, you may wish to run an X session rather than a
Wayland session, especially if you want braille keyboard input or to use
BRLTTY's terminal features in your desktop environment's terminal
application.