[BRLTTY] Strategies for copy/paste

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jan 21 13:15:38 EST 2023

Hello,

Dr. Volker Jaenisch (2023/01/21 18:25 +0100):
>    Dear Sébastien!
>
>    Am 17.01.23 um 21:05 schrieb Sébastien Hinderer:
>
> # highlight-braille-window-location: no {no yes}
> highlight-braille-window-location yes
>
>    Just to check twice. This settings indicates for sighted users the
>    location of the braille window in the terminal?

Yes. By highlighting, on the screen, theoprtion of it which is currently
shown in braille.

>    I tried this setting, but I see no highligthing in the terminal.

Oh, so sorry about thatt.

You may try it locally with the graphicual virtual braille driver...

>    This may be due to tmux but the real terminal is 700km away and I
>    cannot look upon it.

Thinking about it twice it seems likely, yes.

Actually brltty will highlight the portion displayed in braille
on the screen of the computer of your brother (so at the level of the
virual console), but then I guess tmux can not figure this out so likely
it can not show that to you.

Currenlty I can't think of a way to share thisinfo but still it owuld be
so useful!

Do you have an idea, Samuel?

Sébastien.