[BRLTTY] printing unicode braille patterns on BrailleBlazer printer

peter.julien.rayner at gmail.com peter.julien.rayner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 00:39:00 EST 2023

I have an ancient (25 years) braille printer, a Braille Blazer. It has
an 8-dot mode which works in some sense, e.g. will braille ascii
correctly. I want to braille a series of files with a mixture of
unicode patterns and ascii. I'll attach an example (if the list allows
attachments). For the curious it's a mixture of a bespoke braille
music notation and lyrics transcribed by louis.translateString. This
works fine on my refreshable braille display but the printer garbles
the music and embosses the lyrics correctly. Can brltty help with a
mapping between the unicode braille patterns and whatever encoding
this printer is using? If not, does anyone have the mapping for the
nonascii part?
pointers to documentation are of course fine
thanks in advance for any help
Peter

--
Peter Rayner (he/him)
the Inversion Lab
mail-to: peter.julien.rayner at gmail.com
google scholar: <https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?user=H3up71wAAAAJ&hl=en>
I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which I work, the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin nation, and pay my respect to their Elders, past and present
I am sending this email when convenient for me, please only respond when convenient for you