[BRLTTY] Making easier to accumulate filenames in theclipboard

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Mon Jul 3 11:03:09 EDT 2023

On Mon, 3 Jul 2023, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I assume that it is a current workflow to have a list of filenames
> displayed on screen as output of ls or git status or find etc. and to
> accumulate them in the clipboard to then paste them onto another
> command-line.

Not sure if this fits your use case but I often have such list of
filenames to be found in a vertical list. What I do in that case is to
copy them using the rectangular copy function, and then:

$ xargs git add [ENTER]
[paste clipboard content here]
[CTRL-D]

You may experiment with "xargs echo" instead to see the result.

Nicolas