[BRLTTY] Making easier to accumulate filenames in theclipboard

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Sat Jul 8 11:31:36 EDT 2023

Hello, many thanks for this response!

Nicolas Pitre (2023/07/03 11:03 -0400):
> Not sure if this fits your use case but I often have such list of
> filenames to be found in a vertical list. What I do in that case is to
> copy them using the rectangular copy function, and then:
>
> $ xargs git add [ENTER]
> [paste clipboard content here]
> [CTRL-D]
>
> You may experiment with "xargs echo" instead to see the result.

But that works only if the list you want to copy is contiguous, right?

If it's not, then you'll have to accumulate rectangular cuts and Iam
guessing that no space willbe inserted between the different rectangles,
right? Notto say the rectangles are not a good idea, I think they really
are an improvement, but it feels to me that they do not quite suffice.
Please, all, feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.

Sébastien.