[BRLTTY] Making easier to accumulate filenames in theclipboard

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Tue Jul 11 11:51:07 EDT 2023

On Mon, 10 Jul 2023, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Nicolas Pitre on 2023/07/10 at 17:37 -0400]
>
> >By definition, a rectangular copy is a block. It makes no sense for the
> >beginning of that block to be merged with the last line of the existing
> >clipboard content, otherwise it is no longer a block.
>
> What about if a rectangular copy is followed by a linear append? Maybe the end of the last line of a rectangular copy should be protected with a CR.

That is arguable, but I'm less clear about that one. If you append a
linear copy, you could argue that you want it appended linearly. If you
want the appended content to be on the next line, be that even a single
line, then you just need to use a rectangular copy. This way you can mix
both within the same clipboard.

Nicolas