[BRLTTY] I can not run Tieman Braille Voyager with Brltty on Windows 10

Peter Vágner pvagner at pvagner.tk
Fri Dec 9 09:53:00 EST 2022

Hello,

Dňa 9. 12. 2022 o 15:15 Dave Mielke napísal(a):
> You mentioned a registry change to set the service's options. Could
> you explain to me how you changed the registry, i.e. the key, the old
> value, and the new value? Perhaps, for example, I can get the
> enable-brlapi script to do what you did, i.e. give the service a log
> file that can be easily viewed.

I haven't yet touched the registry. I have done it through the UI. Here
are my steps for this part:
* Press windows+r, type in services.msc into the run prompt and confirm
wit the enter key.
* Once services window appears press the tab key to move the system
focus to the list of services then use down arrow key or type br on the
keyboard to scroll to the BRLApi service.
* Open service properties by pressing the enter key.
* When the dialogbox appears use tab or shift+tab to navigate.
* Find a text entry called service arguments or similar (I do have in
slovak here and am not sure about the original wording in english).
* Type your arguments into that entry and press start button on the same
screen.
* The service should run with these arguments.

I think there must be a way on how to do this programmatically but I
dont know more details yet.
I'll try to find out.

Greetings

Peter