[BRLTTY] I can not run Tieman Braille Voyager with Brltty on Windows 10

Peter Vágner pvagner at pvagner.tk
Fri Dec 9 10:19:26 EST 2022

Hello,
Looking to the brltty's windows service code
<https://github.com/brltty/brltty/blob/master/Programs/service_windows.c>
i see you are using service manager and calling CreateService
<https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winsvc/nf-winsvc-createservicea>
function.
I believe It should be sufficient to include the brltty arguments such
as -f for the config file in the |lpBinaryPathName function argument
after the path to the exe file when calling CreateService|.
See this description.

> |[in, optional] lpBinaryPathName|
>
> The fully qualified path to the service binary file. If the path
> contains a space, it must be quoted so that it is correctly
> interpreted. For example, "d:\my share\myservice.exe" should be
> specified as ""d:\my share\myservice.exe"".
>
> The path can also include arguments for an auto-start service. For
> example, "d:\myshare\myservice.exe arg1 arg2". These arguments are
> passed to the service entry point (typically the *main* function).
>
> If you specify a path on another computer, the share must be
> accessible by the computer account of the local computer because this
> is the security context used in the remote call. However, this
> requirement allows any potential vulnerabilities in the remote
> computer to affect the local computer. Therefore, it is best to use a
> local file.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 9. 12. 2022 o 15:53 Peter Vágner napísal(a):