[BRLTTY] I can not run Tieman Braille Voyager with Brltty on Windows 10

Dave Mielke Dave at mielke.cc
Fri Dec 9 13:04:09 EST 2022

[quoted lines by Peter Vágner on 2022/12/09 at 16:19 +0100]

>Looking to the brltty's windows service code
><https://github.com/brltty/brltty/blob/master/Programs/service_windows.c> i
>see you are using service manager and calling CreateService <https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winsvc/nf-winsvc-createservicea>
>function.
>I believe It should be sufficient to include the brltty arguments such as -f
>for the config file in the |lpBinaryPathName function argument after the path
>to the exe file when calling CreateService|.
>See this description.

Yes, except that the executable doesn't know where the log file needs to be. Only the script knows that accurately. Could you please run this command after you've edited in the log file path, and let me know how it looks?

   reg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BrlAPI /s

--
Phone: +1 613 726 0014 | Canada  K2A 1H7   |