[BRLTTY] I can not run Tieman Braille Voyager with Brltty on Windows 10

Peter Vágner pvagner at pvagner.tk
Fri Dec 9 14:17:54 EST 2022

Hello,

Dňa 9. 12. 2022 o 19:04 Dave Mielke napísal(a):
> Yes, except that the executable doesn't know where the log file needs
> to be. Only the script knows that accurately.
Yes I see. The enable-api.bat script has or can be modified to know the
path to the config file.
Inside this script we are calling brltty with the -I switch that means
install as a windows service.
Brtty instance that installs the service should forward all its
arguments to this function except the -I flag if possible.

> Could you please run this command after you've edited in the log file
> path, and let me know how it looks?
Since service never successfully launches on my machine the settings are
never saved.
This is the requested output.
C:\Program Files (x86)\BRLTTY>reg query
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BrlApi /s

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BrlApi
     Type    REG_DWORD    0x110
     Start    REG_DWORD    0x2
     ErrorControl    REG_DWORD    0x1
     ImagePath    REG_EXPAND_SZ    "C:/Program Files
(x86)/BRLTTY/bin/brltty.exe"
     DisplayName    REG_SZ    Braille API (BrlAPI)
     WOW64    REG_DWORD    0x14c
     ObjectName    REG_SZ    LocalSystem

Still I am not sure this is the only problem.
If I launch command prompt as administrator, I runn brltty like this and
I think brltty exits shortly after its start.
Remember my run-brltty.bat is already tweaked with the correct path to
the brltty.conf file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\BRLTTY>.\debug-brltty.bat
Running BRLTTY. When done, close this window (for example, by using the
Alt-Space menu). The log file is: C:\Program Files (x86)\BRLTTY\brltty.log
brltty.exe: unknown log level or category: bluetooth
BRLTTY 6.5 rev BRLTTY-6.5+ [https://brltty.app/]

C:\Program Files (x86)\BRLTTY>

I am back on the command prompt and I can see no brltty process in the
task manager.
The log of this run is attached.

Greetings

Peter