[BRLTTY] Connection to b':0' failed. Is BRLTTY really running?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Nov 13 18:09:47 EST 2022

Hello,

Finn Pedersen, le sam. 12 nov. 2022 16:33:00 +0100, a ecrit:
> [brltty] Braille Driver: ba [BrlAPI]
> [brltty] BrlAPI Braille Driver: version 0.1, 2005

This is the log for the brltty daemon running in your X session to
support atspi2 through brlapi. This is not the log of the brltty running
for actual driving your device.

> - Brailliant BI 20X. The display says "terminal" when connected to the
> computer.
> Connected with USB-C cable. There is no reaction when the computer boots, no
> messages and no log file. As if brltty was not stated.
>
> When starting brltty manually from the command line, I get this log file.

Better try running it as root, so as to get access to USB devices etc.

> 2) The Brailliant should be in a different mode. Maybe it should not say
> "terminal".

"terminal" looks good to me.

> 3) brltty should run with different parameters. I wouldn't know where to start.

Auto-probe should be fine with USB devices.

> 4) Maybe brltty should start with the root user or superuser

Yes, that's simplest.

Samuel