[BRLTTY] Workaround for wrong Orca session detection

Julian dreykorn.julian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:10:38 EDT 2022

Dear BRLTTY developers and community,

I'm Julian, and new here in this list. On my private laptop, I already
use Orca+BRLTTY, but now I'd like to use it inside a VMware virtual
machine, which sadly fails.

The problem is: Neither echo $WINDOWSPATH, nor xprop -root | grep
XFree86_VT return anything. Therefore, the Orca log tells me that it
searches for BRLTTY on session 0, and can't initialize. While I already
reported the bug to VMware, does anyone of you maybe know a workaround
for this and would be willing to share it with me?

I'm looking forward hearing from you.

Best regards, Julian