[BRLTTY] Workaround for wrong Orca session detection

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Oct 7 17:25:59 EDT 2022

Hello,

Julian, le jeu. 06 oct. 2022 12:10:38 +0200, a ecrit:
> While I already reported the bug to VMware, does anyone of you maybe
> know a workaround for this and would be willing to share it with me?

I would doubt that it'd be a vmware-specific issue, since there
shouldn't be anything really different concerning brlapi between a real
machine and a VM. Did you install the OS inside vmware just like you had
on your laptop, or did you configure some things differently? Is that
using Xorg or wayland? How do you start the graphical session, through a
dm such as lightdm or with e.g. startx?

> Therefore, the Orca log tells me that it searches for BRLTTY on
> session 0, and can't initialize.

Could you paste the exact error message? I have no idea what "session 0"
could mean between brltty and orca, I don't find any error message that
looks like that, so we need the exact wording to be able to have the
least start of an idea of what is going from.

Samuel